How to Get help from Upper Eden Food Bank

How to get help;   

We appreciate that these are very unusual times and there may be many people finding themselves in need of help, who have never asked for help before: if  a few bags of food would be a help, please give us a ring and we will try to help. You will find a friendly and understanding person on the end of the phone and no one has access to your  personal details,  other than the 4 phone holders.

Please give us a ring on 07596 690 902

OR     using the phone numbers on this page.

  • Speak to a referral agency
  • If the agency feels that you would benefit from a food parcel, they will contact the food bank on your behalf
  • Food bank staff will check that you are eligible for a food parcel.  There is usually a limit of three food parcels as the agency should be supporting you long term to help with the problems causing you to need the food parcel.  However the limit of 3 parcels is not, at the moment, a strict rule as we find ourselves in exceptional circumstances.
  • Arrangements will be made for you to be able to collect a food parcel from a number of collection points or the parcel can be delivered to an agreed location.

For a referral to the Food Bank please contact one of the following:

Citizen’s Advice Free Food Bank National help line  free phone  0808 208 2138 Mon- Fri   9-5, who will refer you to a local food bank.


  • Westmorland and Furness Council, 0300 373 3300
  • CAB, Citizens Advice Bureau – 0330 056 3037                            (if no credit on phone can be contacted by facebook)
  • CAP, Christians Against Poverty – 0800 328 0006
  • Westmorland and Furness Council, Customer Services, who will direct your call to the appropriate department  – 01768 810066
  • LOCAL LINKS KIRKBY STEPHEN 017683 71775 Mon & Wed 10-12      2-4 pm