How to Get help from Upper Eden Food Bank

How to get help;   

  • Speak to a referral agency
  • If the agency feels that you would benefit from a food parcel, they will contact the food bank on your behalf
  • Food bank staff will check that you are eligible for a food parcel.  There is a limit of three food parcels as the agency should be supporting you long term to help with the problems causing you to need the food parcel. This may include referring you to other agencies.
  • Arrangements will be made for you to be able to collect a food parcel from a number of collection points or in exceptional circumstances the parcel can be delivered to an agreed location.

For a referral to the Food Bank please contact one of the following:

CCC Emergency Help Line 0800 783 1966 who will direct you to a local service.

Citizen’s Advice Free Food Bank National help line 0808 208 2138 Mon- Fri   9-5, who will refer you to a local food bank.


  • Cumbria County Council, Welfare Assistance Team – 01228 221100
  • CAB, Citizens Advice Bureau – 0330 056 3037                            (if no credit on phone can be contacted by facebook)
  • CAP, Christians Against Poverty – 0800 328 0006
  • Eden District Council Housing Benefits Team – 01768 810066
  • LOCAL LINKS KIRKBY STEPHEN 017683 71775 Mon & Wed 10-12      2-4 pm